June 21, 2018 – Since winning the Democratic primary last month, the Jana Lynne Sanchez Congressional campaign is riding a wave of momentum that includes new fundraising, a new field office at Democratic headquarters in Ellis County and new team members to swell the ranks of full-time staffers and volunteers. Jana is bringing all of this increased support with her to the Texas Democratic Convention in Fort Worth, June 21 – June 23.
It is expected that the campaign will report having raised over $350,000 by the end of June, five times more than any other Democratic candidate in three decades. The groundswell of support is building, in part, from the efforts by Jana, her staff and volunteers to “block walk,” going door-to-door in Ellis, Navarro and Tarrant Counties to meet voters and talk about their interests and concerns.
It’s estimated that Jana and team will reach 2,500 doors in Ellis County alone by the end of the month.
New Office at Democratic HQ in Waxahachie
Along with an office in Arlington, Jana’s campaign will open an additional office in support Ellis and Navarro Counties in the Ellis County Democratic Headquarters at 215 East Main Street in Waxahachie. Post-primary, local Democratic candidates are joining forces to support of one another in preparation for facing their Republican adversaries in November.
“The Democratic candidates are coming together to boost mutual efforts in ways that we haven’t seen before,” said Nancy Cannaday, Democratic Chair for Ellis County. “It’s been three decades since we’ve had a full ballot of Democratic candidates. Everyone is on board to support the team and the party.”
The Waxahachie office will be staffed by existing director of Ellis and Navarro community outreach, Vicki Alcala Spaniel, and newly hired field organizer Linda Kay Dixon.
New Members Join Team Sanchez
Increased momentum requires more hearts and minds to help Jana win in November. New professional, paid members to Team Sanchez include:
- Director of Communications – Beth Kitchener is a communications professional with 20+ years experience working with companies ranging from Fortune 500 giants to start-ups, providing strategic advice on branding, crisis communications, government affairs and media and public relations. Beth can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Field Strategy Advisor – The campaign has retained Jacob Limon, a 20-year veteran of Democratic politics including several Congressional races. Jacob is the former deputy Executive Director of the Texas Democratic Party and Chief of Staff for State Representative Nicole Collier.
- Field and Finance Coordinator – Kylah Allison, a student at Sam Houston State University, was promoted from her former role of intern.
- Finance Coordinator – Helen Miller, a long-term volunteer, took on this part-time role with the campaign.
Team Jana existing staff includes:
- Linda Kay Dixon, new Field Organizer, Ellis and Navarro Counties
- Elizabeth Ericsson, Deputy Campaign Manager and Field Director
- Daniel Sanchez, Director of Community Outreach, Tarrant County
- Christen Sparago, Finance Director
- Vicki Alcala Spaniel, Director of Outreach, Ellis and Navarro County